Features & Benefits
SPOT Trace Features
- Receive text or email messages when movement is detected
- Monitor assets in near real time using Google Maps™
- Satellite technology tracks beyond the reach of normal mobile network coverage
- Select from 2.5 through to 60 minute tracking intervals
- Compact and easy to install
- Long battery life and plug in power options
How it works
SPOT Trace uses satellites to send tracking points and messages, so its signal needs a clear path to the sky. The signal will go through glass and fiberglass but cannot pass through metal or wood. The SPOT Trace will send a signal to the satellite with its GPS coordinates at intervals determined by you. When movement is detected, the SPOT Trace will send you an email or SMS notification with its GPS coordinates. You can use the SPOT web based user console to track your asset in near real time using Google Maps®
- Tracking: View your assets GPS coordinates using the online user console.
- Movement Alerts: Receive a notification when SPOT’s vibration sensor detects your asset has new movement.
- Dock Mode: Configure SPOT Trace to track an asset that is primarily stored on the water.
- Power Off Message: Receive a notification of SPOT Trace is powered off.
- Low Battery Message: Receive notification when SPOT Trace’s batteries are low.
- Status Message: Receive a daily alert to let you know your asset is secure
SPOT Trace Specifications
- Size: 51.3 x 68.3 x 21.4 mm
- Weight: 87.9g
- Operating Temp: -30c to 60c
- Operating temperature: -20 C to +60 C
- Operating altitude: -100m to +6500m
- Humidity rated: MIL-STD-810F, Method 507.3, 95% to 100% cond
- Vibration rated: Per SAE J1455
- Waterproof rated: IPX7 (1m for up to 30 minutes)
- Battery type: 4AAA lithium batteries, Line Power with a 5v USB connection
- Mounting Options: Reversible mounting brackets, Industrial strength double sided tape, Adhesive grip, Adhesive hook and loop tape