Features & Benefits
Targeted toward and practically required for wildland firefighters in both fighting fires and controlled burn situations. This was a principle factor that changed firefighting equipment standards from the previous standard, the belt weather kit. It cut the weight of dated weather packs, confusion, and time, to this minimalist approach that was revolutionary in firefighting, where users live literally depend on the accurate weather data the device provides. 122 x 42 x 18 mm.
- Measures current wind speed, maximum wind gust, average wind speed, air, water & snow temperature, wind chill, relative humidity, heat stress index, dewpoint
- Protective cover with sure-grip overmolding
- Data hold function
- Large easy-to-read display with backlight
- Waterproof and floats
- The humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- User-replaceable impeller
- External temperature sensor
- Patented Quick-Response RH Sensor
- Kestrel 3000 unit
- A slip-on protective cover
- Neck lanyard
- CR2032 coin cell battery (Average life 300 hours)
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity