The KT-20 Console includes either the magnetic susceptibility (S option) OR conductivity (C option) firmware free of charge
3-Frequency (1/10/100 kHz), 32cm Diameter (3F-32) Sensor with Pole, Arm Support, Cable, and Rugged Transportation Case
KT-20 Physical Property Measuring System
The KT-20 is a handheld console with different modules for measuring the magnetic susceptibility, conductivity, chargeability & resistivity, and density of a sample. Its modular design allows the KT-20 to be available in many configurations of measurement capabilities, and new modules or upgrades can be added at anytime. A range of sensors with different shapes and frequencies are available for the KT-20. Users can interchange the sensors on the console, allowing the KT-20 to be adapted to different sizes and types of samples, or used in various applications. The KT-20 console includes a number of built-in features to increase the amount of information that can be added to a measurement record. These features include a GPS receiver to obtain coordinates of the measurement, digital camera to photograph the sample, a microphone to record voice notes, and a virtual keyboard to enter text notes.
- Three modes of operation: single measurement, continuous scanner, and borehole to correlate measurement results to their depth in the borehole.
- Multiple sensor frequencies and shapes to measure magnetic susceptibility and conductivity. Sensors are interchangeable to adapt the KT-20 to different samples or applications.
- Curved sensors dedicated for core logging.
- IP/Resistivity Module enables the KT-20 to measure the chargeability and resistivity of geological samples. The module comes with either a Small or Large Sample Holder to facilitate measurements for various sample sizes.
- 3F-32 Large Diameter Sensor for soil investigations, mapping, and detecting shallow anomalies.
- View data in real-time on the KT-20’s large LCD screen. Stored records can also be reviewed directly on the console.
- Split and full core corrections for standard drill rod diameters (AQ, BQ, HQ, NQ and PQ) and non-standard sizes (2.4 cm to 12 cm) for circular and rectangular sensors.
- KT-20 console features built-in GPS receiver, digital camera, microphone and virtual keyboard for users to include additional information with measurement results.
A modular design and interchangeable sensors give the KT-20 the flexibility to measure a wide variety of types and sizes of samples, or adapt the console for different applications.
Drill Core – Curved sensors for measuring cylindrical core. Their unique shape permits the entire surface area of the sensor to make contact with the core sample, improving both the sensitivity and repeatability of the measurements. Use the IP/Resistivity Module to measure the sample’s chargeability and resistivity.
Prospecting – Use the KT-20 in the field for prospecting. Circular sensors are utilized for measuring large samples, like outcrop. The 10 kHz single-frequency circular sensor features a pin mode that aids in measuring samples with uneven, rough surfaces.
Powders and Chips Samples – Use any circular or rectangular sensor to collect measurements on powders, rock chips and other loose samples. These types of samples should be formed into a bulk mass, with a surface area larger than the sensor, and at least 2-inches thick.
Environmental Investigations – The 3F-32 large diameter sensor has a greater depth penetration than the single- and dual-frequency sensors. Use the 3F-32 to map soils, or in agricultural applications.
Archaeology – The 3F-32 large diameter sensor is able to map the magnetic susceptibility and conductivity of soils, or detect shallow targets. Smaller sensors can be used to collect additional information on artifacts.
GeoView 2 Software
GeoView 2 is an easy‐to‐use data management and visualization software program that is compatible with all Windows operating systems.
It enables users to download, store and view a KT‐20’s data on a PC and export it to Excel. Data is organized by date, or by instrument serial number when there are data from multiple instruments. Additional information collected can be viewed in GeoView 2, including averaged readings, standard deviation, text and voice notes, pictures and GPS coordinates.
GeoView 2 is also a data visualization tool. Numerical values from discrete measurements are displayed in a table format; data from scanned and borehole mode measurements are displayed as a graph. Data from the borehole mode will show measurements from specific depths.
The KT-20 has four modules to measure magnetic susceptibility, conductivity, induced polarization (IP)/resistivity, and density. Magnetic susceptibility and conductivity can be measured simultaneously with circular or rectangular sensors, when both modules are activated. The KT-20 is available in any configuration, and all modules can be added to the console at a later date. Most upgrades can be completed through the internet, although a new sensor may be required. Sensitivities of the magnetic susceptibility and conductivity modules are dependent on sensor frequency and shape.
- Measurement Range from 1 x 10-7 to 10 SI Units with Plus upgrade
- Plus upgrade for iron ore applications (see options section for details)
- Applicable sensors include 1/10 kHz dual-frequency sensors, 10 kHz circular sensor, 10 kHz curved sensors, and 3F-32 large diameter sensor. Sensitivity is dependent on sensor frequency and shape (see sensor section for details).
- Measurement Range: Dependent on sensor frequency and shape (see sensor section for details)
- Absolute conductivity meter, sensors are calibrated using multi-point algorithm
- Cx upgrade to increase conductivity measuring range (see options section for details)
- Applicable sensors include 10/100 kHz dual-frequency sensors, 10 kHz circular sensor, 100 kHz curved sensors, and 3F-32 large diameter sensor. Sensitivity is dependent on sensor frequency and shape (see sensor section for details).
Induced Polarization / Resistivity
- Calculates chargeability using 20 standard windows, with arithmetic, logarithmic, semi-logarithmic and Cole-Cole plotting options.
- Mx Fit calculation: an algorithm that calculates chargeability over several thousand data points increasing accuracy.
- Resistivity and resistance measured.
- Automatic voltage and current calibration.
- Total Tau.
- Pro upgrade to record full waveform analysis, raw data and more (see options section for details).
- Operators can choose between two sample holder sizes, Small or Large, dependent on the length and width of the samples being measured.
- Enables the KT-20 to measure the density of a sample through water displacement. Includes a tensiometer, sample holder and water containment bag.