Features & Benefits
Every Angle, Every Direction The Axis was invented by geologists for geologists and features a significant new twist on the pocket transit that is designed especially for easier geological measurements.
- Lid rotates around major and minor axes to provide a multitude of measuring capabilities
- Hollow hinge doubles as sighting tube
- Only one measurement configuration is necessary to determine strike and dip, trend and plunge, and bearing and vertical angle
- Compass North is oriented parallel to the main hinge axis making the AXIS the only transit capable of measuring strike and dip simultaneously through contact or sighting methods
- Lid protractor and 360° rotation around the minor axis provide accurate, concurrent trend and plunge measurements on any surface- also overhangs
- Needle-locking mechanism, induction dampening for fast stabilisation, magnetic adjustment for east or west declination settings to ±180°
- Machined from 6061 T6 Aluminum Billet and features O-rings for waterproof protection
- Hinge Clinometer (Dip Angle) Accuracy: ±1° with 2° graduations
- Inclinometer Accuracy: ±0.5° with 1° graduations
- Lid Protractor Accuracy: ±0.5° with 1° graduations
- Magnetism: NdFeB rare earth magnet on sapphire jewel suspension
- Dimensions (Closed): 3.92 x 2.78 x 1.125. Weight: 12.9 oz
Click here for Brunton Transit Balance Zones Information Sheet.