Features & Benefits
Standard Transit Orange Compass comes with a protective leather case.
It is built with all of the functionality and features of the traditional Brunton Transits.
- An orange anodized body helps to increase visibility in the field.
- The newly designed body is CNC-milled and hard-anodized for simplicity and durability.
- The flat bottom with a non-slip silicon foot allows for low angle strike and dip measurements.
- An unobtrusive bottle opener that stays out of the way until needed.
- The mirror enables sighting and measurement of bearings and vertical angles.
- Short and long sights give the user additional functionality and accuracy when shooting bearings.
- The precision NdFeB disc magnet provides very accurate readings and resists demagnetization.
- The magnetic needle can be balanced for use almost anywhere in the world.
- Induction dampening makes for a quick-settling needle.
- The sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement throughout the life of the instrument.
- The needle lock button can lock or free the needle, depending on the model.
- The internal components are sealed with an O-ring for improved water and dust resistance.
- All transits are compatible with Brunton Jacob’s Staff/Tripod ball and socket adaptor.
- Each model is available in either Azimuth (0-360) or Quadrant (0-90) formats.
- Measurement style: Strike & Dip
- Dimensions: 3.1 x 2.8 x 1.3" | 7.9 x 7.1 x 3.4cm
- Weight: 6.9oz | 195g
- Azimuth: +/- 1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
- Internal clinometer: +/- 1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
- Percent grade: 5% graduations
- Declination adjustment: +/- 180˚